Maxie and the Ultimate Sacrifice

UPDATE #2: My post is now up at Donna's. Just a late start :) I'll see you there!

Oh, my.

You must pardon me, as I am not the fastest typist. Who would have thought I would ever be on a blog? A stage, yes. But never a blog. Carol said I must, so I am here.

My name is Maxie Lamar. I am soon to be 80 years old, but I still think of myself as a young woman. Most of the time.

I understand from Carol that she told all of you on Teresa's Journaling Woman blog about how I first appeared to her. There was no other way. Carol is a dear, but there are times she is as dense as the new granite Charlie used to update my kitchen.

Today Donna Volkenannt is hosting Carol at Donna's Book Pub. Carol told me what she would be blogging about. But Chica started barking at a seagull, and I didn't catch everything she said. So it will be a surprise for all of us.


UPDATE: I'm not sure what's going on, but my guest post isn't up yet at Donna's Book Pub. I've emailed her, but as yet there's no response. I'll keep you updated. 


:::


In other news...

Madeleine at Scribble and Edit is releasing her novella today. ULTIMATE SACRIFICE is the story of Lyndsay and Ben, two young lovers caught up in war. Get your copy today!        


Comments

Unknown said…
This book looks interesting. I'll be sure to check it out.
Liza said…
I loved Maxi's character.
Unknown said…
Looks like a great book. I'll check it out.
Rula Sinara said…
Hey Maxie! That was sweet of Charlie to update your kitchen :) I can just see Chica chasing gulls on the beach.
Ciara said…
I'm off to Donna's Book Pub. :)

Hey, Madeline's book is getting around. This is the second blog I've seen it on. :)
Tracy Jo said…
Looks like a great book...I will be checking it out. Hope you are having a great week!
Carol Kilgore said…
Andrea - Madeleine will be pleased.

Liza - Thank you, dear. Carol's readers have been very kind.

Clarissa - It does sound good. Carol has talked me into purchasing a Kindle.

Rula - I had to pay him, of course, but Charlie is a good man. I tell Chica one day a gull will decide to fight back.

Ciara - Carol just told me there appears to be a problem at Donna's. I know nothing more at this point.

Tracy Jo - The week is lovely!
Talli Roland said…
Big congrats to Madeline!
Anonymous said…
Congrats! and good luck to Madeleine with Ultimate Sacrifice!
~Sia McKye~ said…
Aww, Maxi and Chica are cute.

Summer is a rough time for blogs--so much going on in real life.

I know I'd be lost without my calendar and as professional as I am, still I've made a few mistakes over the years, like getting my days mixed up in a dyslexic moment. Sigh.

Hope you get it all worked out Carol.

Sia McKye OVER COFFEE
Anonymous said…
Thanks so much Carol for the promotion post. Bless you!
Thanks Andrea, Clarissa, Ciara, Talli, Stephen & Tracy Jo.
Madeleine x
Johanna Garth said…
Maxi sounds like such an interesting character.
Carol Kilgore said…
Talli and Stephen - Carol said Madeleine worked very hard on Ultimate Sacrifice. I, too, send good wishes to her.

Sia - Chica is the cute one. I am past the age of cute. But thank you, dear. Carol is also obsessed with her calendar.

Madeleine - Carol says she wishes you much success. As do Chica and I.

Johanna - I have led a long life, so I have many stories to share. Life continues to amaze me, and my list of stories grows each day.
Julie Flanders said…
I love Maxie! :)

Congratulations to Madeleine!
BECKY said…
Hi Carol! I just left a comment on Donna's blog. I'm moving rather slow today, too!
LR said…
I liked the Maxie character. She was funny and interesting. :)
Good news for Madeleine!
Carol Kilgore said…
Julie - Thank you, dear. I'm certain I would love you, too.

Becky - It's very nice to meet you. I heard Carol say she was caught up on responding to comments, but that was a little bit ago. I imagine she is back with it now.

LR - You're such a dear. Many thanks.

Alex - We think so, too.
Shelley Munro said…
Maxie did okay with her blog :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Shelley - Thank you for being such a dear. Carol said everyone would be nice, but I didn't expect such compliments.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Alex, Julile, Carol, Donna and Chica. x
Carol Kilgore said…
Madeleine - You're welcome. Good luck!
J.L. Campbell said…
Man, Carol is full of characters. Congrats to Madeleine.
Carol Kilgore said…
J.L. - You should hear them in my head!

.