For the first time ever, the top ten list has been provided by a guest blogger. Please welcome Ciara Knight to Under the Tiki Hut.
She has a new book coming out - WEIGHTED - in August, and today she's doing her cover reveal around Blog World. The top ten revolves around her book.
I’m so excited to announce my new young adult series, The Neumarian Chronicles. Weighted, a prequel novella, will be released in August 2012.
The Great War of 2185 is over, but my nightmare has just begun. I am being held captive in the Queen’s ship awaiting interrogation. My only possible ally is the princess, but I’m unsure if she is really my friend or a trap set by the Queen to fool me into sharing the secret of my gift. A gift I keep hidden even from myself. It swirls inside my body begging for release, but it is the one thing the Queen can never discover. Will I have the strength to keep the secret? I’ll know the answer soon. If the stories are true about the interrogators, I’ll either be dead or a traitor to my people by morning.
Ciara, I’d love to see you, but why on would you ever want to visit the Wasteland? My brother, Ryder says there aren’t ten good reasons to ever visit the Mining Territory.
Oh, that’s sound like a challenge. Okay, here are ten reasons I’d like to visit the Mining territory.
Ten reasons the desert would be a cool place to live.
10) Sunshine 360 days a year
9) Cool water on a hot day
8) Smell of coconut sunscreen
7) Sand surfing
6) Never have to shovel snow
5) No black ice
4) Riding horses
3) Hanging in the Saloon listening to great music
2) Small friendly town with no traffic
1) Hot, tan guys.
Sorry to disappoint, but your reasons are not how things really are here.
10) We haven’t seen rain since the Great War. There is nothing but sand in every direction.
9) Water at best is luke-warm and tastes like dirt.
8) No sunscreen, only sunburn here.
7) Okay, I’ll give you that one. It’s a blast, but if you take a nose dive you’ll get sand in unmentionable places.
6) Yes, but we have to shovel other things.
5) No, only desert beetles, tons of mosquitoes, sermechtapedes, and spiderats
4) Refer to number six.
3) Waiting tables and dealing with the queen’s drunken guards all day.
2) Small, not so friendly town, full of gambling, drinking, and betrayal.
1) Oh, yuck. Not another one after my brother.
Um…maybe I’ll rethink visiting the Mining Territory. Anyone for St. Martin instead?