Thanks for making me delve deep, Claudia :)
The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
6. Have fun!
Claudia's Questions and My Answers:
1) What's your favorite classic (book)?
I'm answering this question last. Why? Because I'm one of those people who slogged through these books every time I had to read them. I started reading early with comic books, then kid books, and then my dad's paperbacks. By the time I learned about classics, I was hooked on genre and found the classics ho-hum and without the pace I favored because of the intricacies of style and language. I know. I'm horrible. And totally unredeemable. So picking a favorite from the bunch is difficult. Maybe Jane Eyre.
2) Whose writing style would you like to emulate?
3) Have you taken workshops to hone your writing?
Yes. I love attending workshops and seminars and conferences. I'm always inspired and totally energized when I get home, and can't wait to write. I don't do as well with online workshops, though.
4) Do you have a mentor?
Sadly, no. I wish I did.
5) Which is your favorite cuisine?
Mexican, in all its forms. No question.
6) Which is your favorite season?
Summer. Which surprises me because until a few years ago I would have said autumn or spring, or even winter. But now I prefer summer, and I have no idea why I changed. Maybe the light?
7) Which genre do you write/read?
I say I write Crime Fiction with a Kiss. All my fiction falls under the broad mystery umbrella, but little of it would be called a true mystery. It's much more suspense than mystery, but all of it involves a crime - except for two short fantasy stories. My work also falls under the broad romance umbrella - most of it includes a love story that may or may not involve a romance. If a story I write doesn't include a love story, it usually takes a dark turn into noir along the way. I read everything - including cereal boxes.
8) If you had the chance to run off with one of your favorite characters, who would it be?
I'm assuming this is someone else's character. Mine get testy if I play favorites. So I'll choose Stephanie Plum, created by Janet Evanovich. She and I could get into a lot of trouble ... and then Janet could get us out of it all safe and sound :)
9) Which song brings you to tears?
10) Have you used someone else's secret in one of your stories/books/poems?
Not that I know of. I hope not. Did I mention I write crime fiction - LOL.
11) Do you believe in soul mates?
Absolutely. I've found mine :)
And now I'm going to follow the lead of L.G. Smith at Bards and Prophets. Luanne was tagged last week, and she placed the tag in quarantine. I'm doing the same. In honor of Leap Day.