Three weeks ago, the Top Ten was about dogs. Two weeks ago, it was about cats.
The one about cats garnered fantastic comments, and I'm going to use those for today's Top Ten.
So in the order in which they were received, and with thanks and full credit to the commenters . . .
More top ten duties of The Cat:
10. Rub your fur all over Aubrie until she sniffles!
Aubrie Dionne at Flutey Words . . .
9. Our cats lay on any open book/newspaper they fan find despite the readers' intent of doing actual reading.
Kimberly Loomis at The Perpetual Writer
8. Get the humans to feed you as much as possible as early and late as possible. Develop that big belly!
Conda V. Douglas at Conda's Creative Center
7. Stare accusingly at everyone as they enter your room.
Elspeth Antonelli at It's a Mystery
6. Will let you pet it only if you've made an appointment beforehand.
Marisa Birns at Out of Order Alice
5. "Yeah, you BETTER like it!"
Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams at Mystery Writing is Murder
4. In a shocking admission, I must tell you that these attributes are not far removed from behaviors I exhibit every day.
Galen Kindley at Imagineering Fiction
3. Selective application of fur - dark hairs to light clothing, light hairs to dark clothing. Best executed while clothes are still in laundry basket and warm from the dryer.
2. One of my cats . . . usually demands to be feed at 5 a.m. She has food in her bowl, but she wants fresh.
Mason Canyon at Thoughts in Progress
And the #1 duty of The Cat:
1. Whenever startled, immediately start grooming as if to say "Nothing bothers me".
Laura Eno at A Shift in Dimensions