I'm borrowing today's Top Ten from an email I received this week. I took a little literary license and made a few tweaks here and there. As is the way with email thingies, I don't know who wrote this. If it was you, speak up and I'll put up your name in the cyber equivalent of neon. So . . .
Top ten Random Thoughts on Life:
10. Keep some people's phone numbers in your phone contact list just so you know not to answer when they call.
9. What a waste leaving the house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day.
8. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that, for the rest of the day, you just aren't going to do anything productive.
7. Map Quest needs to start their directions on Step #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my own darn neighborhood.
6. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save changes to the manuscript that I swear I did not make any changes to.
5. I hate it when I miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run like hell?
4. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. There is great need for a sarcasm font in email.
2. Part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer's history if you die.
And the #1 Random Thought on Life:
1. Bad decisions make good stories.