First, you may have noticed that I've been getting a little spam the past week or so. Because of that, I put the box with the squiggly letters back in the comment section. I'll leave it up for a couple of weeks and then take it down and see if we're OK for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience.
So . . . in honor of COMPLETING THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY MANUSCRIPT - YES I DID, JUST LAST NIGHT! - here's the Friday Top Ten:
Top ten emotions upon completing a manuscript draft:
10. Anticipation - I know I can finish today . . .
9. Expectation - one or two more pages . . .
8. Amazement - the last bit of dialogue . . .
7. Accomplishment - OMIGOD!
6. Triumph - I did it!
5. Elation - Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!
4. Party - Dance with me!
3. Freedom - Tomorrow I don't have to look at it or think about it.
2. Dismay - Uh, oh.
And the #1 emotion felt upon completion of a manuscript draft:
1. Resignation - Oh, no! Now I have to do it all over again!