Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday's Top Ten

Top ten things I learned this week:

10. If you bark really loud, you get attention - but it's not the kind of attention you want.

9. Colds suck.

8. A change in direction can be a good thing.

7. Shiny gets noticed, but it's what's under the hood that counts.

6. Know how hot the salsa really is before you pile it on your chip.

5. A little rain lets you appreciate the sunshine.

4. Make time to play.

3. Never take your eyes off the prize.

2. Smiles work wonders.

And the #1 thing I learned this week:

1. Laugh at yourself - it's OK.

8 comments:

Kerrie said...

#6 is my favorite!

I learned that sometimes you have to let things go and it is ok.

Carol Kilgore said...

Ooh, that's a hard one, Kerrie. I don't think I've quite learned it yet.

Laura Eno said...

My personal favorite is #1. I've finally learned to do that and it's great!

My dog would totally disagree with #10. The louder she barks, the faster I'll move - she doesn't care that I'm covering my ears.

Carol Kilgore said...

My heeler has the loudest bark ever. I use the 'no bark' command a lot. Still.

Laughing at yourself is fun, once you get the hang of it.

Jack W. Regan said...

Good list! And I agree with them all.

Carol Kilgore said...

Thanks, Jack.

Shirley said...

Definitely laugh at yourself. Cause I'm sure others are anyway. Why not join the party!

Carol Kilgore said...

Ain't that the truth, Shirley.