Charleston Photos

With all the I'm-back-from-vacation hubbub around here, I forgot about posting vacation photos until last night when my head hit the pillow. Sorry, but I wasn't jumping up and coming back down here at midnight.



I don't want to bore you, so here are just a few, all from Charleston.


The Ravenel Bridge over the Cooper River.



View down a street showing original cobblestones from England and Palmetto palms.



A Charleston single house, named because it's one room wide with a long piazza on the south or west side to catch the evening breeze. Beautiful doors face the street and open onto the piazza.





Houses of the Three Sisters. The legend is their father built them in honor of his daughters, a blonde, brunette, and redhead. Fact or fiction?




These are just a few of the sights - enough to whet your appetite or refresh your memory. Either way, hope you enjoy.

Comments

Waconda Springs said…
Gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing them. Hey, I got to see the best of Charleston without one mosquito bite. It just don't get any better than that. lol
Carol Kilgore said…
You're welcome. Mosquitos weren't too bad while we were there. Must have been too hot for them.
Jackie Houchin said…
Your pix remind me of our trip to Charleston and Savannah a couple years ago. I LOVE those historic cities, and the photos made me sorta nostaglic. Have you read any of Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries, set in Charleston? When we were there, I took photos of all the "real" places she mentions, so I could look at them as I read her wonderful cozies.
Carol Kilgore said…
I've never read any of Laura Childs' books. Nor have I been to Savannah, other than to see the outlying bits and pieces from the I-95. Like you, I enjoy historic cities. Savannah is on my list.

.