It just dawned on me that I made no mention of fireworks. Blame that on Texas weather. We've had no rain in 50 million years and for the past 30 days or so our high temperatures have topped 100 degrees. Fireworks never entered my nasty little brain until I read an article about them a few minutes ago.
- - - - - - - - - -
Top ten things to do on July 4:
10. Watch a parade - in your bathrobe
9. Attend a family reunion - of someone else's family
8. Go on a picnic - in the rain
7. Go to the beach, lake, or mountains - by parachute
6. Eat hamburgers and hot dogs - even if they're the veggie variety
5. Display the flag - with pride
4. Say the Pledge of Allegiance - and mean it
3. Play the Star Spangled Banner - and really listen to the words
2. Remember those who fought for our country - even if you protest against all war
And the number one thing to do on July 4:
1. Remember those who are still fighting today - for YOU!