Top ten ways to screw up dinner:
10. Forget it's your night to cook.
9. Forget you are cooking.
8. Lose your place in the recipe.
7. Use an ingredient someone is allergic to.
6. Lift the beaters out of the mashed potatoes before turning off the mixer.
5. Rub your eyes after slicing jalapenos. Even after you washed your hands.
4. Don't check to see what that smell is.
3. Don't realize you've cut your finger until you're mixing the salad - by hand.
2. Break out in hives while peeling the shrimp.
And the number one way to screw up dinner?
1. Find out at the last minute that the gourmet take-out place is out of business.