Happy St. Patrick's Day

You might think that with the last name of Kilgore that I'm Irish through and through. But you'd think wrong. I share that name with my live-in handyman - a wonderful person who in a former life must have kissed the Blarney Stone and enjoyed it so much he gave up looking for the leprechaun's hidden pot of gold.

Since you know I'm not Irish, except for one long-dead ancestor named Quinn, I guess I can share with you that for the most part my ancestry is English and German. Or German and English. Oh, and toss in another long-dead ancestor from France. And there you have it. A true American Mongrel.

But since today everyone is Honorary Irish, I'll leave you with an Irish blessing or toast or whatever. Goes great with green beer!

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Comments

.