Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Time

I'm back from my Birthday Bash, relaxed and rejuvenated.

And now it's time to bring this baby live and kicking into the blogosphere. I started writing here a week or so ago, but didn't advertise to anyone because I wasn't sure I could or would want to do this thing every day. That's almost a true statement - I did ask a writer friend to take a peek to see if I'd lost my mind. She assured me I was still sane.

Guess what? I can come up with something to say every day, and I love it! So I hope you'll join in and rescue me from talking to myself - and answering.

Here's my goal: I want Under the Tiki Hut to become a gathering place for readers and writers and everyone else to join together and hold conversations. We can talk about writing, but not exclusively. I want this to be more than just another writer's blog. Too often we get bogged down in details and forget everything else. This will be a place for writers to jumpstart imaginations. My interests range far and wide range, so as I've done so far, I plan to write about a different topic every day. And I hope all of you will chime in and pick up the thread, too.

So join in, invite your friends, and see what it's all about - Under the Tiki Hut!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, you found someone who declared you sane?

LOL, congrats on the new blog. Hope things are great with you.

BEST-SELLING AUTHOR JOHN FOXJOHN
www.johnfoxjohnhome.com
COLOR OF MURDER-Now available everywhere
Cold Tears-voted by readers as the best mystery in the world

Patricia Harrington said...

Carol,

Love the title "Under the Tiki Hut." Will have to doublecheck that my understanding of what is a Tiki Hut, actually is. Working on a 1930's, Golden Age mystery with Aunt Alice Winthrope, a la, Miss Marple . . . a bit. And the setting is the island of Antigua in the Caribbean. Do know something about it and have been there often. Did a mystery writing workshop there at the local bookstore in St. John's. Wonderful time. Drumming up a bit of a following . . . if and when.

Cheers,

Pat Harrington